Renita relocated to Indianapolis from Radford , VA in October 2008. She is a graduate of Radford University, Radford, VA majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations. During her time at RU, she had the opportunity to speak to the General Assembly in Richmond , VA as an advocate for victims and survivors of domestic violence and violent crimes. As a survivor herself, her voice was heard, leading to several changes in laws that now help protect victims from their attackers.
Currently volunteering at high schools and colleges, Renita speaks with students about self esteem, self awareness, good decision making, and domestic violence prevention. Renita also volunteers at several of Indy’s local women’s shelters to encourage victims to not remain victims, but to become survivors and ultimately, THRIVERS of domestic violence.
Renita is the proud parent of three children; Larry “DJ”, Tiffany and Cassaundra.
Renita’s inspirational words have been heard at the following events/places:
- Julian Center
- Coburn Place
- 2010 Minority Health Coalition Teen Summit
- Northwest High School
- Manual High School
- Prayer Breakfast Indianapolis, IN
- Prayer Breakfast Cincinnati, OH
- Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church, Murray, KY 2009
- Conference, Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN 2010
- University of Indianapolis
- Ivy Tech Community College